Monday, November 30, 2009

FFT for December 6, 2009

Howdy! Hope you all had a wonderful meat-free Thanksgiving as I did! I want to apologize for not airing the Frances Moore Lappe talk as I had posted earlier. As I mentioned on the show yesterday, the Lappe talk ran exactly 59 minutes. But I also had a longer, most welcomed excellent co-op corner from Jacquline Hannah at the local Common Ground Co-op, so I opted to play this and PETA'S "Judaism and Vegetarianism," which is a very good lecture as well. Stay tuned for "Ending Hunger, Feeding Hope" by Frances Moore Lappe in the near future!

On this week's Food for Thought, we welcome back "Vegan" Linda from her Thanksgiving excursion to the south and will prod her to tell us some stories about her visit there! Linda also has some restaurant reviews and new information on swine flu. In addition, we'll have a new Common Ground Corner, and an interview with the manager of locally operated Natural Gourmet market and Thai fast food in south central Champaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment